Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Venice....MY city of love ---}--<@

I haven't finish my Europe tour report, ok? Here goes...Venice, Italy. (Italian music in the background)

I fell in love with this city, immediately...

The buildings were unique. You feel as if you are in a romantic movie (except that you're traveling with your friend.heheh...sorry Pame). Every picture you take is beautiful. People are smiling and enjoying themselves. Okay, enough about that...

That's the gondola. We didn't get to use the gondola to go around the island because it was expensive. I couldn't recall how much, but, yeah..expensive. Unless you plan to travel in style and you've got your banker with you.hahaha..

And so, Pame and I decided to use the ferry instead to travel around the city.Yeah..packed with tourists. There are other options, though...walk or swim.

We met two Malaysians at the Venice airport, CK and Puspa (heheh...almost forgot his name) . One of them noticed Pame's bag (Someplace in KL was written on the bag and I gave up to remember what was it) while we were waiting for our backpacks and so, conversation started and we ended up touring the city together. They traveled the same route like Pame and I; started from London then to Barcelona, then Venice and then their next trip was Paris!hahaha...what a coincidence. The guy in blue(above) is Puspa and CK is the one next to him. CK is damn rich..but very down to earth.



We had our dinner in a Chinese restaurant. I know...I know...travel across the globe and ended up eating Chinese food. But, I was craving for nasi! I ate fried rice!!Hooray!I couldn't recall the taste..I think it was ok..asalkan nasi, bolehlah..

Then, we decided to hangout. Puspa wanted to go to a pub, but we didn't have a good map to show exactlty where, but we saw an open air corner where some teenagers hanging out drinking beers and sort of like dancing to some techno music played by a DJ. Well, I assumed they were in their teens 'cause they look like Avril Lavigne and Jonas Brothers.hahhahaha... Anyway, we didn't stay there(thank God...), instead, we went to another place to drink Italian red wine. I like!


Next morning, we traveled around the city and hop on hop off islands. As this place is famous for the Phantom of the Opera and masquerade ball, and so, there were lots of masks sold. From a size of a keychain to a size of a ...erm...face (doh..).

We had lunch in one of the shops, in one of the islands ( bad report, I know..I couldn't remember) and I had my lasagna.aaaahh....this one I can remember the taste. It was NOICE!! We also had white wine:)

There was a reason for this...The wines are much cheaper / same price with other drinks and therefore, since this was once in a lifetime experience of having a good wine in a great place, what the heck, right?

I love this sign!!How true can this be, I do not know.


Someday, I'd like to own this. I will park mine in front of the waterfront and when I feel like going to the other side of the Sarawak river, I'll just jump right in and start my engine.hedeh...angan-angan Mat Jenin. But, seriously, it was nice to see the Italians use this. No roadtax, noparking summons...ok what?

We walked some more until both my feet had blisters. No regrets!

We went to Murano glass shops. I bought some of these :)

Saw a church.


Ate gelatos...:)) It was cheap!Yummy! The ice cream man also not bad:))

Tempting,right?

This place was just beautiful. It was a different experience compared to Barcelona. I felt safe here. People were in love and smiling everywhere. What else did I do here?Oh, I found my Hard Rock cafe shop and bought my Hard Rock cafe T-shirt here.:)

We had a wonderful and friendly cook at the hotel where we stayed. He made our buffet breakfast every morning and he liked to play music in the 80s on the radio in his kitchen. A very charming guy. I didn't take any pictures of him to share, though.sorry...hahah..

All in all, I just loooooooooooovvvvvvveeeee this place. I will definitely go here next time, but I'll bring along 'someone'. This is definitely a place to go for honeymoon (provided you have a banker with you).

Phewww....Another place to report about..Paris!

Ciao ---}--<@

6 comments:

Susie said...

how come you are not using your sport shoes ??

Sarah said...

I did.But using sport shoes all the time feel quite stuffy. My feet needed air.hahahahaha!

itairus said...

weeee... next tym embak sy sekali ooo.

Sarah said...

Sure thing, beb. Simpan lok duit :). We go when we reach 30, k?

chuasteph said...

aiyo, go venice hit on ice cream man...

Sarah said...

hahaha..well, can't help it, steph. italians..what more can we say?