Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I hate traffic jam!

Last night, I drove back home quite late around 6.45pm. Traffic was okay along KS road until I reached BDC. I went in Sherip Masahor road (the one going to Hui Sing from BDC roundabout), I saw the two lanes packed with cars.EEkkkssss...First thing crossed my mind, accident kah? And so I stopped behind this red kenari. Cars moved very slow in front, so, it's either I use 1st gear or second gear. At this point, I cursed myself for buying manual car.My left leg hurts because of pressing the so very stiff clutch. Suddenly, I saw some decorated lorries coming out from a junction, about 10 cars in front. Wait a minute, what's this? a procession? in a RESIDENTIAL area??$%^&ing h*^&!It's weekday!everyone is rushing to get back home, don't people know about this?

I even saw some youngsters in their wushu T-shirts and karate pants dancing at the side of the road while holding up the paper dragon. Well, I thought it was made of paper, couldn't really see. Then the red kenari in front of me started to honk. The honk was so loud and so long, it was drowning the sound of my car stereo. Badan jak kecik.... And then, other cars started to honk. Right now, my car was like 200 meters from the Hui Sing roundabout. I was so tired because I just finished up marking my midterm papers in the office and the jam was getting on my nerves, so, I join them honking. I know it was stupid  to honk but, seriously, I was so tired and hungry and plus I HATE TRAFFIC JAM!!!

After about 15 minutes moving, then stopping and then move again, I finally reached the roundabout. To my surprise, there were more than 10 cars and lorries decorated and lined up along the road IN the roundabout. One lorry in particular, had three ladies dressed up like queens sitting behind it.Apa ni? Chinese beauty queens? The winner and the runner ups? Of all days....why on a weekday?Then some more, they stopped in the roundabout!So cars from all corners could not go into the roundabout because they blocked half of the road.

I reached home almost 8pm. sob...sob...Kuching people don't reach home at 8pm after work unless they're workaholic. 


4 comments:

Nimi Momo said...

"sob...sob...Kuching people don't reach home at 8pm after work unless they're workaholic."

Hahaha!! That hit the nail right on the head!!

Sarah said...

It's true bah...If you go back late, ppl will think that you're trying too hard. Not like in KL, ppl will praise you for trying hard.:)

Nimi Momo said...

Ala D. org kat KL lambat balit bukan sbb workaholic pun. Either stuck in the jam, or stay back because wanted to avoid the jam.

Sarah said...

Ya la horr..I cannot imagine myself working in KL..and driving my manual car with that looooong jam..i think i'll use a stick to press the pedal.ahahahah...