Saturday, April 11, 2009

I heart chick novels : How to sleep with a movie star

I have to admit...I love chick novels.. sigh..judge me however you want.

Last night I slept at 3am to finish How to Sleep with a Movie Star by Kristin Harmel. Hey, I didn't buy the book, o-k, I got the book as a christmas present. Yes, the book is about how this girl called Claire, a senior editor of a celebrity's magazine ended up sleeping with the hottest movie star in Hollywood. It's not a step-by-step guide...please note this.

I started reading the book early this year. Work and other things prevented me from finishing it earlier. Plus, the first few chapters were quite boring. Intro about the girl's job, her life interviewing celebrities, yada yada yada yada... The plot got interesting when Claire had the interview with the celeb called Cole Brannon (what a hot name!!). They had a great time during the interview (I'm telling everything about the book, k) , sum'more the guy turned out to be a sweet guy, which was totally different than what was told by tabloid mags.  After saying goodbyes, the girl went back to her apartment and found her live-in bf was shagging a blonde on her bed. 

So, the plot was getting more and more interesting after that. The bf got kicked out, Claire went out to a local pub and got drunk and saved by Cole!!!sigh...They didn't make out after that, but the paparazzis caught them walking out of his hotel next morning and in front of her apartment after that. Because of this, Claire was afraid that she will get fired due to her "unprofessionalism" with a celeb whom she just interviewed. Then there was this Sidra, a 36 year old senior senior editor in the same company who had breasts implants and collagen lips, who didn't like Claire for her success on being the other senior editor of the mag at the age of 26, found Claire and Cole in Claire's apartment after her bf got kicked out. Cole was there to make sure Claire (siggghhh...) will be ok returning to her apartment after what happened the other night. So, Sidra set out a plan to destroy Claire's career because now she can sell her info to the tabloid's mag. Apparently, sleeping with a celeb in an assignment is a big no-no. Claire on the other hand, was always thinking about Cole. But, her mind was always telling her that Cole has strings of women and she would not be his type of girl. And it's against the mag's policy to date / sleep with a celeb, what more to say, the hottest celeb in Hollywood!! I'm imagining Keanu Reeves, now...hehe..*wink*

Anyway, I finished the remaining 4/5 of the book in two days. Hahaha, yes...that's how much I love chick novels. I have some more books waiting for me to read them, soooooo tempting!!! They're like saying to me, come...come...come here and flip me..read me...




2 comments:

Nimi Momo said...

pinjam twilight. im so yesterday!

Sarah said...

Can, can...It's with maria. I think she hasn't read it yet, though. It's been ages with her.hahaha... I think she's busier than me.