Sunday, January 25, 2009

Music is my life...my soul..my life ..k, said it twice already.

Alo again..I know..been a while since my last entry. Since today is Chinese New Year and today is also officially public holiday and it is 1.49 am, I'll write something.

So sorry, I won't be posting new pics of me right now. Maybe next entry. I need more energy (eyes twitching due to sleepyness) to load the pics. However, I want to show some interesting videos which I found in youtube.

My new passion right now is playing the guitar. Actually, it's an old one.. I stopped playing guitar when I entered uni. I didn't think that bringing Dad's guitar to the uni was a good idea. So, I stopped playing and I forgot most of the guitar chords except for C, Aminor, G and erm..Eminor. Dad taught me to play some chords but most of it I found them from the Internet (ha...lle..lujah..).

So, now...I have to start fresh again..As a beginner..daymn..

A few weeks ago, Dad brought home Aba Jang's two guitars and he told me to do something about the guitars. Hmm..I picked the one with the "guitar bag" (seriously I dunno what's it called), unzipped and took out the guitar.Still in good shape..The other one lost a few strings, though, but still in good shape. So, I decided that moment that I must know how to play guitar.

Right at this moment, my list of songs that I can play (but not that 100% good:( ):

1. Kiss me by Sixpence None the Richer - so easy lah
2. Hotel California by the Eagles - strum, ok?not the plucking/ finger style.
3. More than words by Extreme - know how to play all the chords, still need to work on the strumming.
4. Yesterday by the Beatles - ok lah, but I think the chords from the website I found a bit cacat.Need to learn again.

The list will increase after I master these four songs. I think it's gonna take a while.hehe..well, I have all the time in the world to strum, pluck, whatever..

Anyway, as the Internet has become the most powerful source of information known to mankind (what am I saying here?), I found few videos which I find VERY inspiring.

Case study 1: Guitarist

hahah..like i'm delivering an e-learning class.huahuahua..

I came across this video by a 11 year old Korean boy named Sungha-Jung. I was looking for More Than Words tutorial videos. Then suddenly, in the related results, I saw the statistics of this video was in millions! So, out of curiosity, I clicked, waited for it to load and then my jaw dropped...



If you didn't click on the video then, you are actually missing to watch a child guitar prodigy. He's the most talented, brilliant young guitarist I've ever seen in my entire life. If you have watched it, then, ok lah..you guys are more brilliant than I am to have discovered this kid earlier than I had. At least Dad didn't find this earlier than I did, that's fine with me. His jaw dropped, too. Luckily his teeth didn't fall off.nyeh..nyeh..

Take a look at this, too.


He played side by side with a guy twice his size. And look at the kid's fingers!!! I've got long fingers but I can't stretch them to play G7 chord properly!boo hooo...hoo... The best video for me is the next one. A song called Living on a prayer by Bon Jovi.



I'm so jeaaalous.....waaa...no, I should be inspired..ok, ok,...next...

Case study 2 : Pianist, Guitarist plus Singer/Songwriter

This guy...hmm...I dunno how I found his videos. He's a Philipino-American guy who is currently studying in one of the music colleges in the US. Oh ya...now I remember, I was looking for videos of a song called Amber by 311. This guy did a medley of three songs, Amber, Santeria (Sublime) and Every Morning (Sugar Ray). Wonderful, really..



I was personally attracted to this one, too. He played his piano. Imagine that, he can sing, play piano AND GUITAR!Me??zilchh...



And also this one.He sort of sang a duet with this girl named Lydia Paek (maybe Korean-American) for a song called Chasing Pavements. That girl sang not bad.



Another one by the girl. She sang Lesson Learned by Alicia Keys and John Mayer.



I must work on my voice..Pronto!

Well, there's more to share. Maybe next entry. Before I bid goodbye, there's another video I found. Actually, I want to share the song in the video. It's called Again by Secrets in Stereo. This guy/ band is still quite new in the music scene. I wanted to download this particular song, but, I couldn't find it in Ares. Please help, it's a really great song. It's not from the Twilight movie soundtrack, if you watch this later. The person who posted this video replaced a song which was one of the tracks from the movie with this one. I think it has something to do with copyright issues.



Want to sing along? Here's the lyric.Let's sing together!

Again
(Josh Ryan / Jason Collum)

If I had my way, I had my way
I wouldn’t change a thing, wouldn’t change a thing
Cause you’re my obsession
You keep me in the dark to see your spark
You’re keepin’ me guessin’
Messin’ with my heart. Got it down to an art

Your eyes surprise me every time
Your kiss it twists me, blurring the lines
And it’s the very first night all over
The very first smile and then
I’m falling for you
Again

You wreck my world, you wreck my world
You’re always that girl, always that girl
Who walked in the room and
I couldn’t look away. You captivate
So drawn to you, and I still feel that way
Some things never change

Your eyes surprise me everytime
Your kiss it twist me, blurring the lines
And it’s the very first night all over
The very first smile and then
I’m falling for you
Again

Goodnight / Goodmorning!

No comments: