Friday, January 9, 2009

This blog is...

Written after my uncle passed away. I have another blog but I closed it down. I'm still figuring out why I did that, though. I'll write about it once I figure it out. No, this blog is not only to write about my uncle, it will progress to other things soon.

My life has been blessed with wonderful things. 27 years old, and I have achieved "quite" high in the academic field. Why quite?I have another level to go...Phd..Permanent head damage, so to speak. Mathematics is my unintentional expertise. Seriously, I've never thought that would be the main reason that I got my job..ever. Computer programming is also one of my favourite things to do.hahahaha...liar...well, I do a bit of that plus Maths, so, that's where I think the word Computational Mathematics appear.

I have wonderful people around me every day to push me forward to improve myself. My family and my friends, to be exact.I would never be who am I today, if it wasn't because of them.oh, I also need to thank my brain, too.:)
I've been reading a book called The Last Lecture. I'm reading it in a rather slow pace compared to my other books. Why? Because, after reading a chapter, I'll close the book and think until I fall asleep. It isn't funny... The things the author wrote in his book about life is so true. Nobody would believe that I've been highlighting some sentences using a HIGHLIGHTER. One sentence that really caught me at the moment was this,
Randy, It's such a shame that people perceive you as being so arrogant, because it's going to limit what you're going to be able to accomplish in life.
The author told the story of himself being an arrogant and tactless person. His professor gave him those words to let him realise what he was. I'm keeping these words as a reminder to myself so that I won't be a jerk eventhough I'm smart like Einstein (so far from that)..:)
Before I end, I've added some pictures that I took when I was in Singapore for my graduation last year.I'll put more when I have more time.


This is Singapore. How to know? Look at the building on the left. That's the Esplanade. It's Singapore's version of the Sydney Opera House.





This is the very famous "lionfish". I bet this thing is more famous than Britney Spears. The number of people who took pictures of this statue that day was outrageous.

No comments: